CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

5/27 Moodling discussion

Today I misinformed our listeners about what moodling is. I think that's what I decided it was so I could feel better about smelling the roses instead of walking along the path.
Here is the link to Christine Kane's blog about Moodling and Attention Splatter.
She describes it as focused creative time rather than a little bit of everything and getting nowhere.

I like to think moodling is doing something when the mood strikes you and taking advantage of opportunities even if they weren't in the original plan. If I'm in the mood to veer off course, I may and I give myself permission.
As long as I get back on course or re-evaluate the course that is.
-- Allison

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's another one for you: "Faffing"-- to aimlessly waste time doing useless tasks!

There is an official definition for this here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faffing

I found this on Lifehack.org when they featured a post called "Five Ways to Get Out of Faffing Mode." http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/5-ways-to-get-out-of-faffing-mode.html

Then I went and created a "No Faffing" button for my Pieces of Flair on Facebook. The ultimate faffing irony. LOL

- Lorie